ConvertKit is one of the newest solutions in the email marketing industry, and it offers quite a lot of unique features. This solution is mainly aimed at solopreneurs; however, the company claims that it is suitable for online content creators like bloggers, YouTubers, podcast creators, coders and more.
ConvertKit entered the market to woo the attention of the young entrepreneurs who come up with their fancy online business idea. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that it has managed to kindle the curiosity of many such entrepreneurs in the short while it has been in business.
Is ConvertKit the right email marketing solution for you? You will know the answer to this question after reading our review in the below sections. Our review consists of the sections as following:
- What is ConvertKit?
- What are its features?
- Pricing Plan
- Pros and Cons of ConvertKit
- Our Final Word
What is ConvertKit?
ConvertKit is a new-age email marketing solution that helps online content creators send automatic emails and campaigns to their target audiences. This email automation tool aims at helping entrepreneurs, especially solopreneurs, increase their engagement with their users, thereby improving the profitability of their businesses. It comes with easy-to-use and personalized opt-in forms that help users to improve conversion rates. You can rely on ConvertKit to send targeted and timely emails to your target users.
Features of ConvertKit
Some interesting features of ConvertKit are:
Conversion of visitors to customers
Thanks to its custom landing page feature, ConvertKit helps you create custom landing pages to engage your users and promote your products or services. You can use the opt-in forms to give your users free downloads of information related to your content, to keep them hooked.
ConvertKit helps you send customized content to your users. This way, you can be assured that they always get relevant content only. If a user clicks on your website for the first time, he needs emails about an overview of your business and products. In contrast, a user who is already familiar with your brand needs information about promotional offers, new product launches, etc. This product allows you to send personalized email content to these users based on their relationship with your brand. You can use ConvertKit to send all types of emails, such as autoresponders, A/B split testing, newsletters and more.
Automation of emails
ConvertKit takes a lot of pride in its service of email automation, and rightly so. It is easy to create email sequences and workflow automations on this platform. Once you schedule your sequences, you can adjust the settings accordingly to send out the emails to the right people at the right time. You can also segment your subscribers easily, thanks to the seamless list management feature of this product. So, you can keep adding or deleting subscribers based on the relevance of the campaign you create.
This is a unique feature of ConvertKit. You cannot find it on any other email marketing platform. Here, you can set up your own sales funnel and sell your digital products easily. ConvertKit helps you create a proper sales pitch for your products, design marketing strategies for the same and eventually create the sale. You can also automate the entire sales funnel creation process, which makes it easy for you to send automated and well-timed triggers to your target users about updates in your products. These strategies can encourage them to purchase your digital products or subscriptions.
- As long as you have less than 1000 subscribers, you can access ConvertKit features for free. This is called the freemium plan. However, you may get access to only limited features here. Here you can get access to unlimited landing pages and opt-in forms and email support. You can also sell digital products or subscriptions and send email broadcasts to your users in the free plan.
- The Creator Plan starts at $29 per month. This is for a maximum of 1000 subscribers, and you need to pay more if you have more subscribers. Apart from the services in the free plan, you can also get access to additional services like automated sales funnels, automated sequences and free migration from other tools.
- The Creator Pro Plan starts at $59 per month. This price is valid only for up to 1000 subscribers. Apart from the services offered in the Creator Plan, the Pro Plan offers other interesting services, such as advanced reporting, newsletter referrals and subscriber scoring.
- Very easy to automate email campaigns
- Landing page editors available to create social media campaigns even for those businesses that don’t have their exclusive websites
- Digital sales of products and subscriptions can help you earn a lot of money
- Comes with free training modules for beginners even in the free plan
- Comes with a free plan with basic features that will help beginners and small businesses to get started with building their online brand awareness
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Subscriber management offered is one of the best in the market, currently
- Very easy to get started and doesn’t require technical expertise
- Product is available only in English and doesn’t support other languages
- Detailed reporting and integration with Google Analytics not available
- Offers only three, text-based email templates
- Doesn’t come cheap
Our Final Word
After going through the features and the pricing plans of ConvertKit, we did feel that this product might not be a good choice for solopreneurs and small businesses because of its high-cost structure. However, we noticed two things that made us rethink our decision. Firstly, the free plan doesn’t require you to swipe your credit card, which means you don’t have to pay any hidden costs later on, as long as your subscriber base is less than 1000. You can continue to use the base plan and keep accessing the basic features of ConvertKit.
Secondly, even if you subscribe to the monthly or yearly plan, you can still request a full refund within 30 days of your purchase if you are not satisfied with the results. So, we do think that this is a no-risk email marketing solution that is definitely worth trying!